Friday, May 25, 2012

Pool happy hour

Sun dress:  Lilly Pulitzer, summer 2011
Sandals:  Jack Rogers Navajo Rio in Fushia/Gold:  Buy here
For the past few summers we've totally been mooching off my mom by using the pool at her country club instead of shelling out the money for our own membership somewhere.  This year we finally decided to act like grown-ups and we joined our own swim club, the Cincinnati Sports Club.  One fun event the club does is Friday night happy hours at the pool, where the kids swim and the adults "socialize."  Let's just say there's a lot of bathing suit-clad moms and dads running around after their kids with wine and beer in their hands.  Anyway, it's a fun way to spend the evening with kids and friends, and no one really wants to look schleppy.  A bright Lilly sun dress was a good option when I wasn't in my swim suit.  I bought two pairs of Jack Rogers navajos a few months back when http://www.piperlime.com/ was having a 20% off promo.  I chose fuschia trimmed in gold and turquoise trimmed in gold, and I'm sure they will get a lot of wear this summer.
Thanks for visiting!  Date night tomorrow with some friends.  I'll be sure to post outfit pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment