Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pencil skirt praise

Silk bow top:  Banana Republic, old!
No. 2 pencil skirt in royal paisley: J.Crew, fall 2011, similar here
Burgundy code pumps: Seychelles, in black here
Gold belt:  Banana Republic, similar here
Can we all just have a moment's praise for the J.Crew No. 2 pencil skirt?  It's fantastic in every color and every print.  I wish I had one in every color and print.  My only minor complaint is I am squarely in the middle of sizes 4 and 6 in this skirt.  I usually err on the larger side and go for the 6, but this size 4 makes me think differently.  Pencil skirts can be a little tricky...too tight looks trashy, too loose looks dowdy.  Anyway, in this particular print I went with the 4 and I am glad I did. 
My shopping ban is really helping me reach into my closet for my older pieces that need some love.  As much as I love pastel colors, I read that jewel tones are much more flattering on a woman's skin once she reaches her 30's.  I don't like broad rules like that typically...but  wearing this top, I can see how it makes sense!  I'm glad the neck sashes are in right now...I think they're so feminine and pretty, and I'm glad I am getting use out of this silk top again.
I really want to start taking some close up shots of my outfits...any advice how to get my unwitting photographer, IE my husband, to be a little more enthusiastic about this job? He keeps telling me to get a tripod.  I keep telling him he's lucky to have such a cute wife.  Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this look! Great color on you! Reminds me of your bridesmaid dresses!!!! I agree, tell Zack that he's lucky he has a beautiful subject to take a picture of every morning :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come on her blouse

    ReplyDelete