Thursday, May 10, 2012

Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews

Hello!  I'm bringing you another round of Anthropologie fitting room reviews, as last week's were so well received and I had so much fun!  As you know I am trying to cut back on my shopping.  Rather than making me want to buy more, it seems like trying all these clothes on in Anthropologie kind of satisfies the "urge" to buy...at least for now!  Hope you enjoy! 
Diamond Kite Dress
Meadow Rue
$168 here
How sweet is this little cotton dress?  It has an attached polyester slip, which I wasn't crazy about but at least it made it not sheer.  The dress is a no-zip pull on style.  It felt comfy, soft and light, and of course I loved the lavendar color.  This is a size 6 and I probably could have sized down to a 4. Bonus that you can wear a regular bra with this sundress!
Marbled Waters Shift
Maeve
$158 here
The colors of this dress remind me of a Lilly Pulitzer pattern so of course I was drawn to it.  The fit and cut on this shift are beautiful, and there are lovely covered buttons from the neck to the waist in the back.  I could totally see myself wearing this to work in the summer.  Some reviews online complained about the slight sheen of the material, but this did not bother me at all, as it is a silk-cotton blend.  This is a size 6 and TTS.  I could not have sized down to a 4, so if you are between sizes, go with your larger size.  Wishlisted!
Sun-stitched shirt
HD in Paris
$98 here
Jeans: AG Stevie Straight in Ivory
$164 here
This pullover top didn't do much for me, but I don't do well with gray/neutral colors close to my face.  Totally washes me out.  It's a little boho for my taste, but a cute summer top with great embroidery if that's your style. This is a size 4, whish is my typical blouse size at Anthropologie.  Fit was fine, but it's a pass for me. 
The jeans, however, make my preppy heart go pitter patter, as I love nothing more than crisp white jeans for summer.  These are size 28 and they fit like a glove.  Love them!  I have several pairs of AG jeans and highly recommend them.  They might be too long for more petite ladies, as you can see they were a decent length on me at 5'10".
Pierced Mint Blouse
Meadow Rue
$128 here
This top is a lovely shade of mint but that's where the honeymoon ends for me.  It's too sheer, a bit shapeless, and the sleeves fit awkwardly.  Plus I think the price point is ridiculous for this top.  I'm wearing a size 4 here.  Pass for me.

Early Daffodils Top
HD in Paris
$88 here
I must be completely brainwashed by Anthro's prices because I don't think $88 is over the top for such a cute cotton blouse.  When I picked this up I thought for sure it would be too hippy-dippy-trippy for me, but then I tried it on with the white AG's and fell in love.  This is a size 4 and TTS, as the reviews mention online it runs a tad small in the arms.  The picture online does not do this top justice, it is much more vibrant IRL. Love!  Wishlisted for sure.  And now, on to some sale room finds:
Broken Levels Skirt
Plenty by Tracy Reese
Marked down to $69.95 here
I literally wanted to walk out of the store in this outfit, I loved it so much.  This top is a cute embroidered white blouse by Moulinette Soeurs but I can't find it online, it must be sold out.  It is marked to $49.95.  I am wearing a size 6 in the skirt, as Tracy Reese always tends to run on the small side.  The top is a size 4.  I loved everything about this outfit, except for the fact that the skirt is made of rayon and polyester.  Boo!  I would consider it on second markdown though, because it fit me well and is very unique.  Apparently not many people share my warm feelings for this skirt, as there were several hanging in the sales room and most sizes are still listed online.  Here's hoping for a second markdown!  And last: 
Ribboned Rocket Cardigan
Field Flower by Wendy Reed
Marked to 69.95 here
Maeve skirt, sold out online
On second markdown to $39.95
Ok Anthro, time to put this cardigan on second markdown.  Several have been hanging unloved in the sales room for months now, and there are still some sizes online.  I would probably nab it on second markdown, because I love the green and blue in the pattern, but like many cardigans, it is a bit short for tall girls like me.  I sized up to a medium for extra length, and I liked the fit just fine. I'm not sure what this skirt is called, as it is sold out online.  It's on second markdown to $39.95 though, so if you see any in your local sales room give it a try.  I'm wearing a size 4 with plenty of room in the waist- I probably could have sized down to a 2.  It's a bit short for me so it was a pass, but it's cute.

Those are all the reviews I have for this week!  I think next week I will be doing reviews for my other great love, J.Crew!  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I really wanted to see the sun stitched shirt and pierced mint blouse on someone. Great review set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I helped! Yours are great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reviews. I love the peplum skirt, too. Tracy Reese does great prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have to do these VERY often! Love your selections to try on and your reviews are helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete