Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Blues

Schoolboy blazer in morse code:  J.Crew, online only, sold out but check for popbacks
Wool cafe capris:  J.Crew, very limited sizes here
Linen blouse, Banana Republic, similar here
Oscar pumps in nude:  Jessica Simpson, buy here
Headband:  J.Crew, old
Good Monday!  I'm not really blue, just wearing shades of blue this Monday! I needed to be corporate-y today but went with separates rather than a suit.  I LOVE this blazer and I'm so happy I got it for a steal on popback a while back.  The material is sturdy and thick and the fit is excellent.  I know a lot of ladies were less than thrilled that these cafe capris aren't lined, but honestly I don't mind.  It makes them more appropriate for several seasons.  What I do mind is how they seem to stretch during the day, so by the end I am yanking them up and dealing with the dreaded diaper-bottom look. My blue ones seem to be the worst culprits too, as my bright dahlia and my red ones don't seem as bad.  I'd rather them be a bit loose though, as I think if these unlined pants are too tight you would see every lump and bump.  Eek.
In case you didn't know, Anthropologie will be starting its rare tag sale tomorrow.  If you're not familiar with the Anthro tag sale, get up to date with Roxy's information here.  I have found some fabulous deals at this tag sale in years past!
I love the headband and ponytail look for lazy hair days.  Have a great week and thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I have a couple pair of the wool cafe capris, including the yacht blue ones. I have no rump, so I tend to struggle with the stretch-out, saggy bottom look. :o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am wondering if I should have gone with a size 4. These are a 6 and they are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeannie

    I just discovered your blog today after seeing you on Roxy's blog / Outfit of the Day. I love ALL your cute outfits and I think you have a GREAT closet already. I think it's very admirable to try to cut back on your clothes spending. I love pretty clothes (they are like little works of art!) and putting together fun outfits, but you are right that it can get out of control. Good for you for trying to remember that there are other, more important priorities in life.

    One thing I've started doing (instead of obsessively checking websites and wishlists) is carrying around a small notebook. I will pick one item -- a blouse, a skirt, a dress, or even a special pair of shoes -- that I want to get more wear out of, and then I will write out as many different outfit combinations as I can think of based on what I already have in my closet. Sometimes I do this for items I think I "must have," too -- if I can't think of enough outfit combinations, I know the piece isn't really as versatile as I want it to be, and so I pass on it. Maybe that will help you, too?

    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, thanks so much for the kind words and the great advice! I love the notebook idea, I am always making lists so that is right up my alley! I hope that you will continue reading and sharing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Morse code blazer didn't work for me, but I love it on you. Still like the blazer in general, as well. I was wondering about wearing the wool pants right now. I'll have to give it a try on a cooler day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gigi- I can see how this blazer, with its busy pattern, may overwhelm a more petite frame. That is definitely something to note. It was in the 70's here on Monday and I wasn't too hot in these pants.

    ReplyDelete