Sunday, May 13, 2012

Casual date night

Melosa halter top by Odille:  Anthropologie, Fall 2011
Kelly Bootcut Jeans:  Citizens of Humanity, buy here
Red wedges:  Me Too, DSW buy in black here
Earrings: Banana Republic, buy here
Handbag:  Gucci, gift from husband
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  Being a mom is the hardest, most emotional, rewarding job on the planet.  I hope everyone had a great day with your families!
Saturday night my husband and I went to our favorite sushi restaurant for dinner and then met friends out for drinks.  We had a wonderful time and stayed out way too late.  Sometimes it's worth it though, to spend quality time with friends who mean the world to you.  Our Mother's Day today was a washout in Cincinnati- it did not stop raining the entire day, so the art show we were supposed to go to with my dad was cancelled.  I went to the gym and also went running outside (in the rain, with the 2 year old in the jogging stroller saying "wet! wet!" the entire time) and spent the rest of the day inside in my sweats!  No matter though- I spent the day with my boys and that's what counts.  But no cute OOTD to show you from Mother's Day. 
I'm still on the fence about this halter top.  I felt rather "exposed" in it, and it is pretty low cut.  I kind of fidgeted all night long, which I hate.  I think it perhaps was meant for someone with a smaller chest.  I'm considering selling it...size 6 if anyone is interested and this is the only time I've ever worn it. 
Between the fashion show on Thursday night, a party Friday night, and a night out with friends last night, I am thoroughly WORN out!  I need a weekend to recover from our weekend. 

7 comments:

  1. Love your bag. What a great gift... Zack did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? Good old Bunks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have stumbled across your blog...I'm your newest follower! You look fab!

    http://tweedandtoile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I will follow you as well! Thanks so much for finding me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked beautiful. The earrings are a nice touch. And yeah, big thumbs up on the handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great date night outfit :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete