Thursday, May 3, 2012

Derby weekend and photos from years past!

Hello there!  No outfit post today, it was a crazy busy day that felt way too long, and I didn't even have time to snap a picture!  Tomorrow my husband and I will be headed to Louisville, Kentucky with two other couples to attend the Kentucky Oaks.  No matter what part of the country you live in, you most likely are familiar with the Kentucky Derby,  the most exciting two minutes in sports!  But unless you live in or around Kentucky, you probably have not heard of the Kentucky Oaks. Cincinnati borders Kentucky, and my husband and I lived in Lexington, Kentucky for 7 years. We definitely have a place in our hearts for this beautiful commonwealth.  Anyway, the Kentucky Oaks is the day of horse racing at Churchill Downs that preceeds Derby Day.  Many Kentuckians actually prefer attending Oaks because it's less touristy than the Derby.  I have attended both in years past, and I can say that BOTH days are fanstastic and fun, and fabulous people watching!  Celebrities, gorgeous hats, and colorful dresses everywhere...and oh yeah, horses too! I am SO excited to go tomorrow, spend the day with our dear friends, and celebrate Kentucky heritage.  I will be wearing a Lilly Pulitzer dress, yellow hat and yellow wedges, and I will be sure to take MANY pictures and post them here!  Lilly fits right at home at the Kentucky Derby and Oaks, it's such a perfect selection for the day!  I think I have worn Lilly nearly every year that we've attended, which has been many! I can't wait to share our day with you, and until then here are a few pictures from Derbys past!  Memories are so wonderful!  Hope everyone had a great week!


Kentucky Derby 2010
Lily Pulitzer dress



Kentucky Derby 2009- Lilly Pulitzer dress


Kentucky Derby- Lilly Pulitzer dress
2009
Kentucky Derby 2007- J.Crew dress


No comments:

Post a Comment