Tuesday, May 22, 2012

J.Crew dressing room reviews: Part 2

Thanks for taking a look at my first set of J.Crew reviews!  For Part 2 I tried on several dresses.  Here we go!


Tiered shift dress in raindrop lace:  $188, here
I loved this on the rack, but when I tried it on I was disappointed.  It is far too short, and runs small.  I am almost always a size 4 in J.Crew dresses, but one look at this one on the rack and I knew to size up.  That doesn't bother me, as I'm not one to get too phased about sizes.  But why is it so short?  It looked even shorter IRL.  I'd say anyone over 5'6" will find this to be short in length.  I did like how it nips in at the waist and felt that was a flattering aspect of the dress.  The color is called apricot mist, which was pretty but may wash some ladies out.  All in all a pass for me.

Lucille dress in scalloped eyelet:  $188 here
If I didn't have a new white Lilly Pulitzer dress just begging to be worn, I would be seriously tempted by this sweet little frock.  Nothing says summer to me more than white dresses and eyelet.  This is a size 4 and TTS.  The neckline was lovely and the length was good.  It also comes in petite, and it comes in purple as well.  If you're in the market for a new summer white dress, give this one a try!

Attache dress in linen-canvas (color ocean front): here
This dress is not on sale online but the ocean front color is $99.99 in-store.  I adore this color so much and desperately wanted to love this dress.  While I found the shape to be flattering, the linen material was a deal breaker for me.  I easily wrinkled it simply by squeezing some of the fabric in my hand.  Since I am in and out of my car all day, I would be a wrinkled disaster by noon if I wore this to work.  I think even if you wore this to an office job, you'd be wrinkled unless you stood all day long!  Size-wise this fit great, this is a size 4 and TTS.  If you don't mind wrinkly linen, this may be good for you...for me, I had to sadly pass.

And now, here are two sale dresses that may be hanging on your J.Crew clearance racks.  If they are, give them a whirl as they are marked down quite a bit!

Fabiola dress in abstact leopard, $59.99 in-store, $89.99 online here
I liked this dress so much more than I thought I would.  It probably would have come home with me if it wasn't so low cut.  I considered a lace cami underneath, but I wasn't sure that would be comfortable.  For cocktails or dinner maybe?  I found the fit very flattering and the length great for me.  This is a 4 and TTS.  It's a steal at $59.99 in-store.  I highly recommend you check it out!

Lillian dress in gardenshade floral watercolor, sold out online but check in store
I love this dress for work, an evening work function, church, so many things!  Clean lines, appropriate neckline, nice length.  The fabric, a silk-woold blend, is wonderful and feels expensive.  Check your local J.Crew, as it is marked to a steal at $69.99 in-store. 

What do you think of these dresses?  Are there any other dresses at J.Crew that are catching your eye?
Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Love that white eyelet Lucille! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in so many things. I like the pattern of the gardenshade, but the colors weren't for me. Definitely a good deal right now & it looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally caved and bought the purse eyelet Lucille. I had a rewards card to use, but man I hate paying FP! I already know I'm wearing it to a birthday party on Monday, so that helps ease the pain ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews! My favorite is your purchase though. I love that print, and the dress looks so chic on you. You didn't happen to see the Kimono sleeve maxi in store, did you? I'm dying to see a review of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reviews - they're so helpful. By the way, I saw a woman wearing that attaché dress this weekend and it was, indeed, a huge wrinkled mess.

    ReplyDelete