Thursday, May 31, 2012

Red + Navy

Navy and red striped top: Banana Republic, winter 2012
Cast Chroma A-Line skirt by Postcard:  Anthropologie, winter 2012
Red peep toe slingbacks:  Circa Joan & David
Earrings:  Banana Republic, buy here
I've been having a problem with too-large skirt syndrome lately.  I guess I'd rather have that as opposed to the too-tight skirt syndrome, but still, it's annoying. Both of these pieces have been sitting in my closet, tags attached, since March.  I probably was a couple pounds heavier at the end of the winter, as I always tend to be, because I swear this skirt fit fine when I bought it.
This outfit looks totally unfinished.  It definitely is in need of a necklace and/or belt!  Accessorizing is not my strong suite, as often times in the morning I'm too impatient.  I did receive a lot of compliments on this outfit today, which surprises me because looking at the picture I am not loving it.  Ah well, win some lose some!  Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. I love red and navy! Always will! The top is adorable. if you want honest feedback, I'm not digging the skirt. I think its the pattern on it. You are so thin and the skirt is bottom heavy. Can u return it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As irritating as it is when my skirts are too big, I definitely prefer it to too small! I think it's a great outfit though. Nautical is one of my favorite trends (if it's even a trend, I think more of a "classic".) I think maybe a necklace in a contrasting color, like yellow, would really pop against that top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the honest feedback! Danielle I agree a pop of color necklace would be fantastic! Peggy...I AM going to try to return this skirt! Antrho is usually pretty generous about returns and clearly this skirt is not working on me...it is about 2 sizes too big! Thank you both for your honest and helpful comments! I hope you keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you were able to honestly reflect on your outfit. So refreshing to see in a blogger! I agree the outfit looks unfinished. When I am attempting to pattern mix I find a belt makes a great difference. The skirt, however, is definitely too big and therefore not as flattering as it should be on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon- thanks for stopping by! I honestly did not even post this outfit because once I saw the pictures I really did not like it. But then Ithought, that kind of defeats the purpose of having a blog and showing the world my fashion journey. I'm not a professional stylist so not every look is going to be spot on! I'm glad to see what works and, in this case, what doesn't work! Yep...skirt is huge. Not sure how that happened. It's going back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are generous about returns, I'm sure you will have no problem. I am happy to get help on my blog too. I remember one time someone told me my jeans were too short for my heels and I felt bad for a day, but I know she was truly only trying to help me and I could see exactly what she meant by looking at the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! baby really your dress up style is really luxury. Especially navy color skirt is so nice. I am very much like navy color dress. But really am searching a skinny khaki pants that is easy to wear and finally, I have got it. Informative post, I love to read your post regularly, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't annoying Red+Navy dress increases your beauty you can find other tight skirt. You are looking sow beautiful.This outfit doesn't look totally unfinished. If you feel you need of a necklace you can wear.

    ReplyDelete