Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bubble necklace + stripes

Eryn dress in navy stripe: Lilly Pulitzer, sold out online but I saw some on eBay!
Bubble necklace:  J.Crew Factory
Nude pumps:  Tahari
Flower belt:  Nordstrom
What I have learned about myself since starting a blog:  1) I am a dress hoarder, and 2) I am a nude heel addict.  Alrighty, now that that's out of the way let's move on to the outfit. 
I've had this Lilly Pulitzer dress hanging around in my closet, tags attached, since last fall.  Then the winter moved in and I never wore it.  Then spring arrived and it still didn't get any love.  Then I put it on this morning and wondered what took me so long? The navy stripes, the boatneck, the retro shape...love love love.  I paired my J.Crew Factory bubble necklace with it for a pop of color.  I have been drooling over the retail version of the bubble necklace, here, but I couldn't bring myself to shell out $150 for costumer jewelry even though I think it's amazing.  I am still kicking myself for not buying the red retail version last Christmas, when it was $89.99 with an additional 30% off.  Gaaaah, what was I thinking?  Anyway, the Factory version, at $69.50 with a 30% off promo, was a good substitute at less than one third of the retail price.  It is much smaller than the original, but that's ok.  I really do love it!  The necklace is sold out online, and it was also sold out at my local J.Crew Factory.  But the nice sales associate found one for me in Wisconsin and had it mailed to me.  (Also see the Factory version of the bubble necklace on Shopping with M.)

Look at my tired face!  It's been a long work week!  Fortunately I am taking tomorrrow off work, so I will be starting my 4 day weekend soon.  NICE.  I'll definitely post some outfits over the weekend though, so stop back!  Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. hi,i just found your blog and really like it!
    i started mine a couple of months ago and it is really fun and also a learning curve.
    i esp. enjoyed your reviews,because i dont have a store close by.
    ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for a second that was the villa dress and then I looked closer, oh, no, that's a silk dress. It is really pretty!

    I love this: "1) I am a dress hoarder, and 2) I am a nude heel addict." LOL. Me, too, sister, me, too. :)

    I am glad to see you like your factory bubble necklace. It is very pretty, and I quite like the smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ina, thanks for visiting, hope you stop back!
    Dina, I knew we would have a lot in common! :) Thanks! Lilly Pulitzer is one of my faves. I do like my Factory bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this striped dress! and so cute with the bubble necklace! I added you to my Bloglovin feed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peggy! So glad you added me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress on you! So happy you took the tags off and wore it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sarah! I owe my love of Lilly to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!!! Love the added necklace, belt and shoes. Love your hair here too. Perfect! One of my favs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love jacking off to this pictiure

    ReplyDelete